Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Snow!

No big thoughts today...just a huge sense of gratefulness for the morning's snowstorm. Watching the dog run around in it, listening to the kids shriek as those first flakes came down, standing with my face tipped up and feeling the clumps of coldness...it's a wonderful, light-filled break from the drip, drip, drip of the dark winters around here.

I remember my dad, a Seattle native, complaining about the endless snow in the small Lake Michigan town where I grew up. When I said I wouldn't want to live somewhere where it rained all the time, he said, "Well, honey, you don't have to shovel rain. And if you want to see some snow or go skiing, you just drive right up to the mountain."

Dad was right. You don't have to shovel rain. But I wouldn't mind the chance to shovel snow on a more regular basis. 

In the meantime, no big thoughts--just gratitude.

1 comment:

  1. So James Jenkins says to our 2nd grade teacher (Mrs Newman), 'I can lift 300 pounds'. And Mrs. Newman says, 'ok lift me up then'. Can't believe I can still remember silly things like that. Nice to see you are doing well Meg. Dave B.

    ReplyDelete